FOR FIRE & EMS ONLY
The Industry Standard for PPE Storage was created in 1998 with the introduction of the GearGrid Turnout Gear Locker. Since then, other look-a-like products have come and gone. When the facts, features and benefits are reviewed side by side, it becomes clear that there is much more to determine best value than meets the eye. Thank you for taking the time to investigate and evaluate your options. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Wall Mount Turnout Gear Lockers
- Manufactured in the USA with ASTM spec materials.
- Square Grid – easy to adjust shelves and accessories in 3” increments.
- Back Wall Panel is standard for additional storage, accessory mounting space, wall protection and security.
- Top & Bottom Rails are built to span sections of two or three openings, for more rigid support and durability.
- Super Durable TGIC powder coat finish with additive providing UV protection.
- Rugged ASTM wire apparel hooks and accessories that snap securely into place.
- Large selection of sizes and configuration options available.
- HangBar option – stainless steel, securely attached in each opening. Able to adjust height of bar within each locker opening.
- Large Nameplate Holder accepts commercially produced professional name placards.
- Manufactured off-shore with unknown spec materials.
- Diagonal Grid – difficult to adjust shelves and accessories and some locations won’t allow due to grid intersection placement.
- Back Wall Panel is an additional cost option.
- Rails are constructed in single openings, requiring more hardware and mechanical connections.
- Epoxy Finish, not UV stable, finish can “chalk” over time and is not UV stable.
- Flimsy apparel hooks that slip over grid making for easy, accidental detachment from locker.
- Very limited selection of size and configuration options available.
- HangBar option non-stainless, zinc plated long pole spanning several openings that is not securely supported or attached. HangBar, and therefore upper shelf, must be at same height across multiple locker openings.
- Small Nameplate Holder.
Mobile Turnout Gear Lockers
- All casters swivel and have locking capabilities.
- Back Panels provided on all mobile lockers.
- Only two casters have locking capabilities.
- 3-Packs do not come standard with a back panel.
- Red, White, Blue, Green, Burgundy, Gray or Black.
- Red only, due to importation lead time.
Optional Accessories not Offered by Competitor
- Power Bar 120VAC Outlet Rail
- Top Side Storage Shelf
- Binder Rack
- Stowaway Seat
Other Benefits for your Department when Partnering with GearGrid:
GearGrid offers a full-line of Equipment Handling and Storage Solutions, to create a unified look, function and quality standard throughout your facility. Factory direct distribution and no reseller network ensures consistent service and pricing across the US regardless of facility location.
Custom applications available; work directly with Design, Engineering and Production team members.
All comparative information is based on material currently publicly available as of 1/1/14. If any errors are found they are unintentional and GearGrid will correct the information as soon as it is reported to us and confirmed. Please send any comments or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.