PART 1 GENERAL
1.1 SECTION INCLUDES
A. Design, fabrication and installation of mobile Miami System storage units as specified herein.
A. Product Data: Submit manufacturer’s product data and installation instructions.
B. Shop Drawings: Submit manufacturer’s shop drawings for each mobile Miami System storage units.
C. Samples: Submit manufacturer’s standard color samples.
D. Owner’s Manual: Provide maintenance manual at closeout.
E. Warranty: Submit manufacturer’s standard warranty.
1.3 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Manufacturer shall have a minimum of fifteen years experience in the direct manufacture of lockers and related storage systems.
B. Installer shall have experience in locker assembly and installation.
1.4 DELIVERY, STORAGE AND HANDLING
A: Delivery: Deliver materials to site in manufacturer’s original, unopened containers with labels identifying product and manufacturer’s name.
B: Storage: Store materials in a clean dry area.
C: Handling: Protect materials and finish during installation and handling to prevent damage.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
A. GearGrid Corporation, 670 SW 15th Street, Forest Lake, MN 55025. Toll-free 888-643-6694. Phone 651-464-4468. Fax 651-464-4780. Web site www.geargrid.com. Email email@example.com.
2.2 STORAGE SYSTEMS
A. Model – GearGrid Miami System:
1. GEARGRID Miami System Storage.
a. Unit overall dimensions: 74.5” high x 49.5” wide x 31” deep.
1. Units shall be welded at all applicable joints. Forming of metal shall be completed by standard cold-forming operations. Use of fasteners will only be required to allow for knock-down shipping, securing units to mounting surface and on applicable accessories.
C. Side, Door & Top Panels:
1. Outer Frames: 1.25” O.D. x 16 gauge wall thickness ASTM A513 steel tubing.
2. Divider Tube: 1.25” O.D. x 16 Gauge Wall thickness ASTM A513 steel tubing.
3. Inner Grid: .25” diameter ASTM 510 cold drawn steel wire resistance welded to a 3” square pattern.
D. Back Panel:
1. Grid: .25” diameter ASTM 510 cold drawn steel wire resistance welded to a 3” square pattern.
E. Secure Doors (Optional): Please specify if doors are required.
F. Flat Storage Shelves (optional):
1.Shelves shall be manufactured from .25” diameter ASTM A510 cold drawn steel wire resistance welded. All bends to be cold formed. Wire surface to allow application of durable powder coated finish.
G. Base Assembly:
1. Base frame shall be manufactured from 1.25” x 11 gauge wall thickness ASTM
A513 square steel tubing. Each unit to be supplied with four (4) casters per unit. Each caster is swivel type with brake.
2. Caster Capacity: 950 lbs each caster.
A. General: All system components excluding assembly and mounting hardware and stainless steel components are to receive the standard finish.
B. Standard Finish: Components to be cleaned using a phosphatized bath, clear water rinse and electro-statically coated with a durable TGIC powder coating.
C. Color: Variety of standard color options available. Custom colors available upon request.
2.4 Country of Origin
A. All products are purchased and fabricated in the United States of America. The steel and its coatings are 100% of US origin and the fabrication thereof is completed within the USA.
Part 3 EXECUTION
A. Examine areas to receive lockers. Notify architect if areas are not acceptable. Do not begin installation until unacceptable conditions have been corrected.
A. Assemble mobile Miami System storage unit in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
B. Use manufacturer’s hardware for assembly.
END OF SECTION